Tis’ the Season for fun colorful decorations. Here are six easy festive DIY decorations which will look Amazing in your home; and are fun for the whole family. Not only are these easy but they are also budget friendly. Just in time for the weekend and those holiday parties with your family and friends. Hope these are as fun to make as they were to find!
Plain Glass Ornament
Festive Glass Vases
Joyful Message ornaments
Deck the Doors
Epsom Salt Snow
Share your DIY ideas and crafts!
Fall has arrived! September 22 marks the first official day of Fall. With each new season your home goes through changes in temperatures and weather conditions. In order to keep all of the components of your home running smoothly, and to avoid costly repairs, it is helpful to conduct seasonal maintenance actions every season. Here are ten helpful tips to prepare your home for Fall:
- Examine gutters & downspouts for any debris.
- Check windows and doors for drafts.
- Make sure the roof is in good shape.
- Have humidifier and furnace serviced.
- Test and change batteries in your smoke & carbon monoxide detectors.
- Drain garden hoses & store them inside. Shut off water valves so they don’t freeze.
- Fertilize the lawn to ensure healthy grass in the Spring.
- Check supports, stairs & railings on porches & decks.
- Clean porch & deck furniture. Cover and store inside.
Have you gotten started on your home checklist yet? What other helpful tips do you have?
Pathways, in Caledon east is a highly sought after neighborhood where family values and outdoor activities are high priorities. A well-rounded lifestyle is a healthy lifestyle, and Brookfield Homes has incorporated parks and paths throughout the community that promotes a stress-free and energetic way of life.
Not only is Pathways introducing these townhomes, but there are already a large selection of bungalows and two-storey designs with stone and brick exteriors to choose from. Prices start in the high $300’s for the townhomes and from the $500’s for homes on 50-,60- and 70-foot lots.
What a perfect way to lead into the new season! Fall in love with Pathways!
We hope you like it!
|Although the entire family will have plenty of reasons to enjoy
Caledon Day, kids will especially be sure to love it.
You may have noticed it. Kids just seem to become more playful. People smile easily as they enjoy the longer days and warmer temperatures. It’s the beginning of summer. It’s part of what makes June an exciting month.
Even more exciting is June in Caledon and surrounding areas. Just tomorrow, the Wines of the World event will take place. Two lucky fans of our Facebook page and their guests will spend a full evening tasting wines and sampling cheeses, hors d’oeuvres, and delicious treats — all because they won our Wines of the World Facebook sweepstake.
What’s more, Brookfield Homes will have a booth at Wines of the World, where they will be doing a draw for a free wine gift basket. If you decide to come out, be sure to say hi!
Next on the calendar
This weekend, we’ll be at the Caledon Fair, where we’ll raffle off dinner for two at the Royal Ambassador. The Caledon Fair is one of the oldest annual fairs in southern Ontario and draws spectators from Caledon and also from Orangeville, Erin, King and Brampton.
On June 16th, the ever-popular Caledon Day will take place from 2 pm to 10 pm and we’ll have a booth set up there.
Caledon Day takes place right across the street from our Presentation Centre, so if you haven’t seen our designer-decorated model homes yet, you can take a stroll over and check them out.
The highlight of the event is the Kid Zone, which we’re proudly co-sponsoring. It will entertain children with interactive games, puppet shows, spooky masks, a hula-hoop challenge, characters like Clifford and Curious George, a Bouncy Castle, and much more. We’d love to see your family there!
That’s not all, though —among the other day’s highlights are:
- A Taylor Swift tribute to start the afternoon, with New Hollywood taking over in the evening and Canadian rock star Kim Mitchell as the grand finale before the fireworks
- The Rotary Club of Bolton will offer domestic beer, wines and coolers at the Beer Garden adjacent to the stage
- The Caledon Cruise-In Car Show will be there, now including motorcycles
- The Ontario Provincial Tournament Round Cup will take place, hosted by the Caledon Soccer Club
- A showcase of costumes, dances and rituals from around the world including the Claymore School of Highland Dance, the Bellydance Dance Troupe and Folklore Music
- A disc-throwing clinic for junior handlers and a demonstration of the dog’s amazing abilities, and more.
Are you coming to Caledon Day? We look forward to seeing you there!
|While your children bring you boundless joy and happiness, it’s great
to have one day when mothers are truly recognized and appreciated.
Mother’s Day is almost here, and while a cozy family brunch (or breakfast in bed!) is often a great way to celebrate, sometimes it’s also good to go out and do something unexpected.
For example, Palgrave United Church will host a Mother’s Day Plant and Bake Sale on Saturday from 8 am to noon. You’ll be able to get annuals, perennials, and hanging baskets. There will also be a BBQ Bacon on a Bun Breakfast. (Palgrave United Church is at 34 Pine Avenue, in Caledon, a 13-minute drive from Pathways.)
From noon to 3 pm on Sunday, Downey’s Farm Market will host an event called Mother’s Day Tea, complete with a strawberry custard tart, cookies for the little ones, and clay pot painting. (There is a $10 fee.) Downey’s Farm is located at 13682 Heart Lake Road, Caledon, a 16-minute drive from Pathways.
What are your Mother’s Day plans? We’d love to hear about them, especially if this is your first Mother’s Day at Pathways!