|Although the entire family will have plenty of reasons to enjoy
Caledon Day, kids will especially be sure to love it.
You may have noticed it. Kids just seem to become more playful. People smile easily as they enjoy the longer days and warmer temperatures. It’s the beginning of summer. It’s part of what makes June an exciting month.
Even more exciting is June in Caledon and surrounding areas. Just tomorrow, the Wines of the World event will take place. Two lucky fans of our Facebook page and their guests will spend a full evening tasting wines and sampling cheeses, hors d’oeuvres, and delicious treats — all because they won our Wines of the World Facebook sweepstake.
What’s more, Brookfield Homes will have a booth at Wines of the World, where they will be doing a draw for a free wine gift basket. If you decide to come out, be sure to say hi!
Next on the calendar
This weekend, we’ll be at the Caledon Fair, where we’ll raffle off dinner for two at the Royal Ambassador. The Caledon Fair is one of the oldest annual fairs in southern Ontario and draws spectators from Caledon and also from Orangeville, Erin, King and Brampton.
On June 16th, the ever-popular Caledon Day will take place from 2 pm to 10 pm and we’ll have a booth set up there.
Caledon Day takes place right across the street from our Presentation Centre, so if you haven’t seen our designer-decorated model homes yet, you can take a stroll over and check them out.
The highlight of the event is the Kid Zone, which we’re proudly co-sponsoring. It will entertain children with interactive games, puppet shows, spooky masks, a hula-hoop challenge, characters like Clifford and Curious George, a Bouncy Castle, and much more. We’d love to see your family there!
That’s not all, though —among the other day’s highlights are:
- A Taylor Swift tribute to start the afternoon, with New Hollywood taking over in the evening and Canadian rock star Kim Mitchell as the grand finale before the fireworks
- The Rotary Club of Bolton will offer domestic beer, wines and coolers at the Beer Garden adjacent to the stage
- The Caledon Cruise-In Car Show will be there, now including motorcycles
- The Ontario Provincial Tournament Round Cup will take place, hosted by the Caledon Soccer Club
- A showcase of costumes, dances and rituals from around the world including the Claymore School of Highland Dance, the Bellydance Dance Troupe and Folklore Music
- A disc-throwing clinic for junior handlers and a demonstration of the dog’s amazing abilities, and more.
Are you coming to Caledon Day? We look forward to seeing you there!